The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the recognized leader in children’s oral health, today announced the availability of its fourth edition of the "Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry." A comprehensive resource for pediatric and general dentists, the handbook is the standard for pediatric dentists, and this edition is now available electronically with a CD-ROM with mobile application login information (compatible with iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch or Android mobile devices).
This fourth edition features additional changes to make it more user-friendly and provides readers with additional resources beyond the pages of this book, including the following:
- Chapters have been reviewed and updated to provide need-to-know information more relevant to a ready-reference text.
- Some new sections have been added, such as obesity, and new authors who are experts in their fields contributed to this edition.
- An emphasis has been made on clinical procedures and recommendations where they exist, and identified with boxes or shading.
- Algorithms have been updated to facilitate clinical care.
- The resource chapter at the end of the book has been updated to provide additional information that is often needed in the clinical practice of pediatric dentistry.
- In many cases, tables (T) and prescription information (RX) are noted in the chapter’s table of contents.
The "Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry" is authored by various AAPD member experts and the editors are Arthur J. Nowak, DMD, MA, and Paul S. Casamassimo, DDS, MS. According to the editors, “The Handbook is a working tool that every pediatric dentist can and should have at chairside, in the hospital, as well as in the teaching clinic, and it is the most oft-cited source of study material for pediatric dentists preparing for board examinations.”
The AAPD fourth edition of the "Handbook of Pediatric Dentistry" is available to members for $79.99 and nonmembers for $99.99 plus shipping and handling. To place your order online, click here.
Founded in 1947, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry is a not-for-profit membership organization representing the specialty of pediatric dentistry. AAPD’s 8,000 members are predominately pediatric dentists and primary care providers who deliver comprehensive specialty treatments for infants, children, adolescents, and individuals with special health-care needs. As advocates for children’s oral health, the AAPD aims to promote the use of evidence-based policies and guidelines, foster research concerning pediatric oral health, and educate health-care providers and the public to improve children’s oral health. For further information, please visit the AAPD website.