Happy Dental Assistants Recognition Week (DARW)! Dental practices across the country are setting time aside from March 7–f13 to celebrate these valuable members of their team—dental assistants!
According to The Dale Foundation, an affiliate of the Dental Assisting National Board Inc., dental assistants are the largest segment of the dental workforce. As noted in its national survey, more than 95% of dentists and dental office managers strongly agree that dental assistants contribute to a practice’s productivity and play a key role in preserving patient retention by building a bridge of trust between patients and clinicians. As patient and clinician advocates, assistants are a fundamental part of the patient experience. They’re able to establish lasting relationships with the people they serve and help deliver the best dentistry to every patient.
Dental support organization Pacific Dental Serviceswill host a webinar this week in support of DARW. The live, virtual event, “Elevating the dental profession,” takes place this Thursday, March 11, at 8 a.m. PST, 11 a.m. ET, and all assistants and dental team members are welcome. The webinar will include insights on the essential role assistants play in creating healthier, happier patients, and will feature key topics to support dental assistant development and career growth.
- Dental assistant team development
- How to attract, assess, and select qualified dental assistants
- How to engage the entire team with onboarding and developing new dental assistants
- Leveraging school relationships, development plans, and dental assistant competencies to develop and retain dental assistants
- Developing personal and professional growth plans that will support and elevate the goals set by dental assistants in the practice
The webinar will feature PDS founder and CEO, Stephen E. Thorne; PDS manager of dental assistant national strategy, Rosalinda Olague; vice president of the California Dental Board and PDS-supported dentist Katie McCann, DDS; and Charles N. Bertolami, DDS, DMedSc, professor and dean at NYU College of Dentistry.