Director's Message: Wow, what an incredible experience SCN is
I just returned from the Speaking and Consulting Conference. What an incredible experience! SCN is an annual conference where dental practice management consultants, speakers, and writers convene to hone our skills through networking and collaboration.
I just returned from the Speaking and Consulting Conference. What an incredible experience! SCN is an annual conference where dental practice management consultants, speakers, and writers convene to hone our skills through networking and collaboration. Linda Miles began SCN in 1996, with 11 founding members and one sponsoring partner, CareCredit. Lois Banta is the current CEO of SCN and continues to honor the “spirit” of SCN by upholding its values and principles set forth at its beginning.
My favorite parts of the meeting were seeing fellow speakers and consultants share incredible information, tips, and their experiences. These professionals have built their businesses, are serving clients, changing lives, and hold the essence of collaboration and sharing.
Here are some of those moments.
- Chuck Blakeman the bestselling author of Making Money is Killing your Business and Why Employees are ALWAYS a Bad Idea, shared that the Industrial Age of dehumanizing teams is over and the Participatory Age is here and will increase growth, profitability, and engagement.
- John Blumburg who is the author of GOOD to the Core, walked us through experiential learning exercises to reconnect us with our core values. He also gave us a challenge to make sure we have true friends and colleagues who will be our “drift catchers.” A drift catcher is someone who supports you in re-directing yourself if you find you are drifting away from the values you need to authentically lead and live from your core.
- Dianna Booher, the award winner author of 46 books, shared and taught us that, “there is a book inside us all.” She then provided a pathway to reach our writing dreams.
- Katherine Eitel was the recipient of the second annual Spirit Award. Kathleen is an international speaker, author and developed the training company, Lioness Learning. She has helped hundreds within our profession harness their leadership, awareness, and communication skills.
- Naomi Rhode is a genuine hygiene heroine and coined the phrase, the Privilege of the Platform. She is one of my early mentors who inspired me to not only step on the stage but to continually hone and learn the craft of speaking. Our hug and her words of encouragement are forever in my heart.
- Tim Sullivan is a singer, actor, author, writer, producer and oh, by the way, has been blind since birth. His inspiring performance brought us on an emotional roller coaster of laughter, suspense, tears, and encouragement.
Applying the tools and ideas I learned last weekend are just the icing on the cake of relationships ignited. I invite you to join this incredible group of professionals next year in Santa Fe, June 10-12, and help us celebrate SCN’s 20th anniversary!
Let’s do this together,
Kristine A. Hodsdon RDH, MSEC
Director, RDH eVillage
Kristine has announced new dates for her Money Wellness Program-Increase Your Cash Flow & Your Confidence virtual training. Have a question or comment? Please feel free to send an email to Kristine at firstname.lastname@example.org