CHICAGO, Illinois--Hu-Friedy, a manufacturer of hand-held dental instruments, has expanded its Environdent Instrument Recycling Program to include diagnostic instruments and piezo tips.
Environdent allows customers to receive value for used, broken, and retipped instruments while keeping practices "green" by reducing the amount of instruments sent to landfills as waste. Instead, instruments are sent to metal scrap recyclers that use them for nonmedical applications.
Available for more than 12 years, the Hu-Friedy Environdent Program is a way for clinicians to provide the quality care for patients while caring for the health of the planet, too.
The program includes EverEdge scalers and curettes, which feature a stainless steel alloy that requires less-frequent sharpening and comfort throughout the day.
Diagnostic instruments are also featured, including Hu-Friedy probes and explorers that have specially blended stainless steel alloys to provide balance and tactile sensitivity for reliable clinical outcomes.
The Environdent program includes:
* Purchase any 12 Hu-Friedy scalers, curettes, explorers, expros, probes, dressing pliers, mirrors or mirror handles,
* Recycle 12 scalers/curettes or diagnostic instruments of any brand,
* Receive your choice of one free EverEdge scaler/curette or diagnostic instrument (one free for every 12 purchased and recycled)
The program also includes Symmetry Piezo Tips, which feature a stainless steel blend that optimizes vibration for efficiency and durability.
* Purchase at least six Symmetry S-Series or E-Series Piezo Tips,
* Recycle six used or broken Piezo Tips of any brand,
* Receive a free Hu-Friedy piezo tip
As a bonus, receive an Environdent magnet with every free instrument/tip earned. Collect three magnets and receive an additional free instrument or tip.
For more information, go to Hu-Friedy.
To read more about Hu-Friedy, go to Hu-Friedy.
To comment on this product, go to PennWell Dental Community site.