OraPharma, Inc., is a cutting-edge specialty oral health-care company dedicated to bringing scientifically and technologically advanced products and services to the dental community, and to providing educational support and training to the dental community. In keeping with this mission, OraPharma, Inc., maker of ARESTIN® (minocycline hydrochloride) Microspheres, 1 mg, recently introduced the ARESTIN Student Access Program for dental and dental hygiene schools.
According to ARESTIN Product Director John Lenart, "We have been working closely with the directors of leading dental and hygiene schools for several years to develop a program that will provide educational programming and hands-on training so that senior dental and hygiene students can appropriately incorporate locally administered antibiotics like ARESTIN as part of a comprehensive periodontal disease treatment protocol."
The program, which is scheduled to begin in Sept. 2007, is open to all accredited two- or four-year dental and dental hygiene schools that include instruction on the use of ARESTIN as part of a comprehensive periodontal treatment protocol. Participating dental and dental hygiene schools will receive the following ARESTIN Student Access Program materials:
• One ARESTIN trial kit containing 12 ARESTIN cartridges for clinical use by each participating senior student
• Two free ARESTIN handles for program instructors
• One Instructor Education kit containing valuable clinical and patient resources regarding periodontal therapy and ARESTIN, as well as educational content easily added to classroom lectures
• Student Education Kits including valuable clinical and patient education resources regarding periodontal therapy and ARESTIN, a complimentary ARESTIN- branded Hu-Friedy Colorvue periodontal probe, and one package of ARESTIN demonstration product
• The ability to order discounted ARESTIN handles for all participating senior students
• Sample patient treatment log and performance check sheet to track the placement and results of periodontal therapy with scaling and root planing (SRP) plus ARESTIN
"The launch of the ARESTIN Student Access Program marks the first time that ARESTIN will be widely available for clinical use by all dental and dental hygiene school students," said Lenart. "The next generation of oral health professionals who are able to participate in this program will have a better understanding of the latest periodontal disease treatments available and, in turn, be better prepared to treat patients they will see soon after graduation."
Dental and hygiene school faculty who wish to participate in the ARESTIN Student Access Program or who would like more information are invited to contact the ARESTIN Team at 800-553-6010, ext. 0747.