Director's Message: The power of attraction
The laws of attraction can attract abundance for attaining goals.
There's a spring in Lauren's step, and she radiates positive, upbeat, can-do energy. She's "in the flow." Good things happen in her work and personal life with seeming effortlessness.
Contrast her with Kelly, who puts in twice as many hours at work — super long, hard hours every day — yet rarely achieves what she's striving so hard to create.
What's the difference? Hint: It has to do with Lauren's ability to attract what she wants. However, this kind of attraction has nothing to do with looks. Rather, it's about Lauren's ability to attract abundance by living in tune with her purpose, her passions, and her most vital and alive self.
The law of attraction is not just some woo-woo theory, it's scientific — like matter attracts like matter. It's similar to a radio broadcast. When you're tuned to a particular station, you only hear (attract) the frequency of radio waves that match that station's signal. When that happens, everything seems easy.
"Once you change the way you are inside, the outer world changes," writes Joe Vitale, author of the recent bestseller "The Attractor Factor." Vitale is one of dozens of authors who persuasively write on the subject. Most of these authors suggest the same key ingredients for attracting into your life what you want:
• Get clear on what you want and why. It's not enough to know what you don't want. You can't get what you want until you know what that is! Becoming crystal clear is where the "magic" of attraction all begins.
• Imagine it. See it happening. "Conscious change is brought about by the two qualities inherent in consciousness: attention and intention," writes Deepak Chopra. "Attention energizes, and intention transforms. Whatever you put your attention on will grow stronger in your life."
• Keep receptive. Exercise, eat healthy, play, and relax. Stress, exhaustion, and sluggishness can all interfere with attraction. In the radio station analogy, these become the "static" that interferes with the "frequencies" you want to attract. Though taking a day off to relax rather than work frantically may seem as difficult as stepping off a precipice, it can be just what you need.
• Listen to your intuitive nudges. Attraction isn't about sitting back and waiting for it all to come to you. Action is always required to meet goals and make dreams come true. Vitale writes, "Your job is to ask for what you want, and then to act on the inner nudges you get to do things, like make phone calls, write letters, visit a certain person, or whatever." Don't worry if your "nudges" don't make immediate sense. The "why" will be revealed later.
• Surrender your control. This means to let go and trust. Let go of the particular way in which things will happen. Let go of fear, doubt, worry, and disappointment. Let go of the notion of struggle. Trust that the outcome will be just right.
So whether it's a new job, landing that huge consulting client, finishing your advanced degree, or buying a new house, claim your dream. It's yours if you want it.
P.S. Accolades to Patty Mansfield, certified law of attraction facilitator/trainer at Breakthrough Coaching, for her daily example of the law of attraction personified. Log on at www.btcoaching.net.
Kristine A. Hodsdon RDH, BS
Director RDH eVillage
Please take a moment to say hello ... Kristine will be speaking at the ...