CHARLOTTE, North Carolina--The Holiday Dental Conference has announced that its 2008 meeting will take place Nov. 13-16 at the Concord Convention Center in Concord, N.C., and the Embassy Suites Hotel, Golf, Spa and Resort.
Markings its 19th year in existence, the Holiday Dental Conference is a four-day regional forum held annually in the late fall with continuing education tracks for dentists, dental assistants, dental hygienists, front office staff, dental laboratory technicians, dental teams, students and residents.
The conference sponsor is the Holiday Dental Conference Foundation, a North Carolina nonprofit corporation.
"The Holiday Dental Conference is very proud of its 2008 selection of Scientific Sessions and Scientific Exhibits offering CE tracks for all members of the team," said Kenneth D. Owen, DDS, spokesman for the Holiday Dental Conference Foundation. "Besides our excellent courses and exhibit hall, our new venue and location offers attendees exciting new options for recreation and entertainment as well as hassle-free parking."
The objectives of the Holiday Dental Conference are:
* To provide and promote a quality continuing education experience for all members of the dental team.
* To promote an atmosphere that strengthens the dental fraternity through a gathering of academic, private practice, leadership and public health disciplines under one forum.
* To support dental education, research and development.
* To provide leadership within the dental community.
* To provide a format that is conducive to various dental organizations meeting concurrently within a master framework while maintaining their individual identity.
The list of speakers scheduled for this year's conference inlcude Kirk Behrendt; Debbie Castagna; Martin B. Goldstein, DMD; Debra Grant, RDH; Karen Gregory, RN; Shirley Gutkowski, RDH, BSDH; Niki Henson, RDA; Gerard Kugel, DMD, MS, PhD; David A. Little, DDS; Virginia Moore; Shannon Pace, DA II; Clifford J. Ruddle, DDS, FICD, FACD; Jose-Luis Ruiz, DDS; John W. Savage, DDS; Jon B. Suzuki, DDS, PhD, MBA; Robert "Critter" Teague; Linda Talley, CSP; Geza Terezhalmy, DDS, MA; Beth Thompson, RDH; Bethany Valachi; DeWhitt C. Wilkerson, DMD; and Raymond A. Yukna, DMD.
The conference's Exhibit Hall will be open on the following dates and times:
* Thursday, Nov. 13 – Noon to 6:30 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 14 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
* Saturday, Nov. 15 – 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Scientific programs will be available on the following dates and times:
* Thursday, Nov. 13 – 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Friday, Nov. 14 – 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Saturday, Nov. 15 – 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
* Sunday, Nov. 16 – 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Holiday Dental Conference Foundation is designated as an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. The formal continuing education programs of this program provider are accepted by Academy of General Dentistry for Fellowship, Mastership and membership maintenance credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by a state or provincial board of dentistry or Academy of General Dentistry. The current term of approval extends from June 1, 2008 to May 31, 2012. They are also an ADA CERP Recognized Provider. The effective dates of recognition are from May 2006 to June 2009.
For more information, call (704) 366-8092 or visit Holiday Dental Conference.
To read more about the Holiday Dental Conference, go to Holiday Dental Conference.
To comment on this topic, go to PennWell Dental Community site.