ATLANTA--The 96th Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting, which will be held March 13-15 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, will feature the complete evolution of dentistry.
At least 24,000 dental professionals are expected to attend the meeting, which is one of the nation's leading dental meetings and most comprehensive sources of continuing education in dentistry.
With more than 200 courses offered at the meeting and more than 900 technical exhibits, the 2008 program will feature everything from an early 20th-century dental office complete with re-enactors and a new Hinman Digital Desktop to some of the most ground-breaking topics in dentistry today.
"This year's meeting will be one of the most compelling we have ever had the privilege of hosting," said Dr. Dan D. Dunwody, III, general chairman of the 2008 meeting. "Emerging technologies will be revealed for the first time; and it will feature dentistry's complete evolution--providing a glimpse of the past, the realities of today and a clear vision for the future."
Continuing education program
Hinman's 2008 Continuing Education Program will feature approximately 78 nationally renowned clinicians and leaders in the field of dentistry with more than 22 speakers new to Hinman; more than 70 participation courses; numerous course formats; an enhanced and expanded auxiliary program; ADAA courses offered daily; online handouts available in advance of the meeting, and a computerized CE process to eliminate lines at the end of courses.
"Every year, we strive to provide attendees with even more value at Hinman. This year, we've made several exciting changes, and focused on delivering an educational program with topics and learning experiences that meet the needs of the entire dental team," added Dr. Dunwody.
This year's educational program highlights include:
* More than 200 courses provided by the country's leading dental experts with many Hinman favorites like Dr. Gordon Christensen returning and more than 22 speakers new to Hinman
* More participation courses than ever before – approximately 71 workshops offered.
* Many new diverse and cutting-edge topics, including digital impression devices, biomimetic dentistry, nano-biotechnology, an implant continuum, and more
* A full-day session, "Concept of Complete Dentistry," honoring the work of Dr. Peter Dawson
* Numerous course formats to fit your schedule and learning preferences
* An interactive question and answer format included in all lectures and courses
* An early 20th-century dental office complete with re-enactors
* A computerized accreditation process, simplifying CE credit certification
In addition to a complete continuing education program, Hinman will feature more than 900 technical exhibits--located conveniently in one hall and on one level. This space will allow more than 400 companies to showcase new technology, equipment, products and services for the entire dental staff. New this year, Hinman unveils its Digital Desktop on the exhibit floor. It will provide an informative preview of the latest technology advancements available today and help you locate them in the exhibit hall.
This year's meeting highlights also include:
* An enhanced exhibit hall experience with CE opportunities, ADAA demonstrations, unique exhibits, Hinman Digital Desktop, show specials, table clinics, daily prize drawings, Cyber Café and CE printing station
* Children permitted in the exhibit hall with parents
* Thursday's Keynote Session, featuring Jeanne Robertson – an author and humorist, as well as a former basketball coach and Miss North Carolina
* The opportunity for dental professionals to create their own professionally produced video with Tone Soup Productions
* Free wireless Internet access offered in the public areas of Building A in the GWCC
* A new spouse program, featuring a Cooking Demonstration with a world-renowned chef; an architectural bus tour, a luncheon with a certified image consultant, a wine seminar and tasting, a Buckhead homes tour, and everyone's favorite Atlanta Apparel Mart shopping excursion
* Hinman's two signature events – the Dentist Reception and Auxiliary Reception
* Discounts to the Georgia Aquarium and the NEW World of Coca-Cola
As a non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the dental profession, the Hinman Dental Society will present scholarships and gifts totaling more than $250,000 to 89 dental, dental hygiene, laboratory technician and dental assisting students at colleges and universities throughout the Southeast, as well as dental education groups and clinics. As in years past, the scholarships will be presented at the Scholars' Luncheon held on Saturday during the meeting.
Interested attendees can find detailed information about the 2008 meeting online at www.hinman.org. Professionals who register online will receive a confirmation and invoice via email. Housing arrangements can be made via a link from the Hinman Web site to the housing agency. Professionals who wish to register by mail can request a registration brochure by calling the Hinman Dental Meeting executive office at (404) 231-1663.
Hotel and travel reservations
For those not wishing to make arrangements online, Ambassadors Services Group has established a toll-free number for lodging and travel reservations. Interested attendees should call (800) 243-1581 or locally (404) 584-7458 for information.
* Online registration is open now; Registration packets will be mailed beginning February 9.
* Early registration (online or by mail) is available until February 14. (Note: Early registrants will receive ticketed priority seating at General Attendance sessions.)
* Onsite registration opens Wednesday, March 12 at 1 p.m.
* Presentations and courses begin at 8 a.m. on Thursday, March 13 and continue until 4:30 p.m., Saturday, March 15.
* Keynote Session will be held Thursday, March 13 at 5:30 p.m.
* The Exhibit Hall will be open from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., Thursday, March 13;
9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Friday, March 14; and 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday, March 15.
For additional information about the Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting, visit the Web site at Thomas P. Hinman Dental Meeting or contact Sylvia Ratchford, executive director, at (404) 231-1663.