Carestream Dental's CS Solutions available for sale
Carestream Dental today announced that its new product line for CAD/CAM restorations, CS Solutions, is now available for sale. CS Solutions gives practitioners the ability to scan, design, mill, and place a restoration within their practice in just one appointment. The product portfolio consists of an intraoral scanner, CBCT impression scanning system, restoration design software, a milling machine, and a hosted, Web-based platform created to share and manage restoration cases between dentists and laboratories.
Carestream Dental today announced that its new product line for CAD/CAM restorations, CS Solutions, is now available for sale. The announcement was made at the 2013 American Dental Association Annual Session, being held through Sunday, Nov. 3, at the New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center.
CS Solutions gives practitioners the ability to scan, design, mill, and place a restoration within their practice in just one appointment. The product portfolio consists of an intraoral scanner, CBCT impression scanning system, restoration design software, a milling machine, and a hosted, Web-based platform created to share and manage restoration cases between dentists and laboratories.
The product line requires minimal training by offering a light guidance system during image capture, easy impression scanning, intuitive restoration design capabilities and step-by-step milling instructions. Additionally, CS Solutions is designed to work as an open system, so practices can choose to use the product family as a comprehensive approach or as standalone solutions. CS Solutions features:
- CS 3500 ― With the CS 3500 intraoral scanner, practitioners can scan patients’ teeth directly to acquire true color, 2D and 3D images. With an average precision of 30 μm, the CS 3500 scans to a depth ranging from -2 to +13 mm and offers high-angulation scanning of up to 45 degrees. It features a light guidance system that enables dental professionals to focus more on patients’ mouths while capturing data by limiting the time practitioners need to watch a monitor during scans. The CS 3500 also has an internal heater that prevents the mirror from fogging during digital impression acquisitions. To further streamline the scanning process, the scanner does not require a trolley or the use of powder, saving practitioners time and making the experience more pleasant for patients.
- CBCT Impression Scanning ― Practitioners can use a Carestream Dental cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) system, like the CS 9000 3D or CS 9300, to scan conventional impressions and create precise 3D models. This innovative technique digitizes impressions quickly while offering practitioners a familiar impression workflow.
- CS Restore ― CS Restore is a Computer Aided Design (CAD) software that enables practitioners to create natural and functional single tooth restorations in just a few clicks. Once acquired with the CS 3500 or a Carestream Dental CBCT system, the 3D model is ready for design with almost no manipulation. The digital impression and the antagonist are aligned by the software. CS Restore also features advanced algorithms that automatically create customized, individual restorations for patients, including crowns, inlays and onlays.
- CS 3000 ― The CS 3000 milling machine is a Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) tool featuring a 4-axis brushless motor that produces high-quality restorations with ± 25 μm accuracy. The average milling time for a crown is less than 15 minutes, enabling practitioners to offer single-appointment restorations. The CS 3000 uses proven materials for durable restorations and natural results. The system’s elegant design and quiet, vibration-free milling allow practitioners to use the machine anywhere, even chairside. Additionally, the CS 3000’s sturdy construction provides high torsion-resistance for accurate milling with minimum deviation over the years.
- CS Connect ― CS Connect is a hosted, Web-based portal that enables practitioners to electronically transmit cases ― either the digital impression data or the restoration design ― to the laboratory of their choice. With CS Connect, practitioners can view the latest status on cases, easily access the history of every case they have submitted and engage with lab technicians for collaborative case review.
“Carestream Dental is excited to offer this new product line for CAD/CAM restorations to dental professionals around the globe,” said Edward Shellard, D.M.D., chief marketing officer and director of business development for Carestream Dental. “We are constantly looking for ways to improve the lives of practitioners and their patients, and CS Solutions does just that. It truly is the new reality for restorative dentistry – once practitioners and their patients experience single-appointment restorations, they’ll never look back.”
ADA Annual Session attendees are encouraged to visit Carestream Dental’s booth number 2139 to learn more about CS Solutions and demo the products. For more information on the CAD/CAM product portfolio or to request a product demonstration, call 800.944.6365 or visit www.carestreamdental.com/solutions.
For more information on Carestream Dental, visit www.carestreamdental.com.