Academy of Laser Dentistry announces call for abstracts for the ALD 2020 Annual Conference and Exposition
ALD 2020 is calling for abstracts from experts before its 2020 meeting. The deadline is June 10, 2019.
The Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD), the only independent and unbiased non-profit association dedicated to improving patient care with the proper use of laser technology, recently issued a call for abstracts for its upcoming annual meeting. Known internationally as “dentistry’s laser meeting,” “The Future is Now: Integrating technology into your practice,” will be hosted at the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego, California, April 2–4, 2020.
“Our meeting will feature a wide range of captivating lectures, discussions, hands-on participation, and networking opportunities with experts, researchers, and leaders in the fields of dental lasers and digital dentistry,” said ALD executive director Gail Siminovsky, CAE. “We
invite researchers, academicians, dentists, and dental professionals from around the world to submit abstracts for presentations on topics that support our overall theme this coming year.”
Suggested topics include but are not limited to:
1. The healing power of PBM / Pain relief without opioids
2. The benefits of digital technology and the digital workflow
• CBCT (cone beam) radiology
• Digital imaging
• In-house restoration milling
3. Pediatric dentistry and tethered oral tissues (TOTs)
4. Laser-powered hygiene
5. Peri-implantitis: Past, present, and future treatments
6. The business of dentistry
• Achieving maximum ROI for your laser investment
• Accurate insurance coding / Coding for medical necessity
• Practice marketing and social media
• Clinical photography for case acceptance and insurance documentation
7. Using lasers to treat medically-compromised and geriatric patients
8. The next generation: 10-minute poster presentations for students
“As a presenter, you’ll have a positive influence on the use of lasers and other types of advanced technology in dentistry,” added Siminovsky. “Last but not least, you’ll be supporting the ALD’s mission of improving oral heath with laser technology.”
Abstracts are peer-reviewed in a blind review process. Acceptance is based on abstract content, available space, and overall program balance. The submission deadline is June 10, 2019. Complete information, including submission guidelines and a link to the submission form, can be found here.
To be considered, all submissions must be made through the online abstract submission form. For more information, visit LaserDentistry.org.