Editor's note: Article updated April 19, 2020
In addition to government agencies and dental associations, companies in the dental industry are working to provide COVID-19 resources to members of dental practices. Here is a list of current resources offered by Hu-Friedy, including evidence-based guidance for infection control and prevention.
- Blog Post: 5 "Ways to Make the Most of Your Time While Not Seeing Patients"—While this situation is certainly a challenge, there are ways to focus on staying productive and proactive. This blog explores how you can use this time to set yourself up for success when things return to normal.
- On-Demand Webinar: COVID-19 Townhall Q&A—This on-demand webinar brings together four infection prevention and control compliance consultants for a town hall style presentation that answers the most common questions about COVID-19 as it relates to dental practices.
- On-Demand Webinar: Dental Practices, Institutions and COVID-19—As we continue to cope with a global health emergency, this on-demand webinar examines how understanding dentistry’s role and restrictions is vital to protecting the health of dental personnel, patients, and the public.
- On-demand webinar: Clinical Perspectives on Coronavirus—This on-demand webinar recorded March 10, 2020, reviews the current state of the COVID-19 outbreak as well as evidence-based strategies necessary to mitigate transmission to dental health-care professionals and patients.
- Infection Prevention Resource Page—This page compiles new and relevant COVID-19 information from credible sources, including the Centers from Disease Control and Prevention, the World Health Organization, and the American Dental Association.
- Essential Guide to Infection Control eBook—This free eBook provides a practical guide for practices to develop and maintain a compliant infection prevention protocol. With best practices on hand hygiene, room turnover, and instrument reprocessing, this eBook helps practices stay prepared to combat infection risks.
- Blog Post: "Prevent Infections with These Helpful Tips"—This blog post contains a compilation of popular infection prevention blogs, webinars, and eBooks.
- Blog Post: "Best Practices for Hand Hygiene and Face Mask Use"—This blog post contains a detailed breakdown of what clinicians need to know when doing procedures.
Editor's note: This page will be updated as new resources become available.