Boston metropolitan area — 18 responses
Total responses for Massachusetts: 33
Average hourly rate for Massachusetts (which include responses from the Boston area): $37.84
Average hourly rate for Boston area: $39.81
Average hourly rate for Boston area in 2010: $39.25
Differential: $0.56 increase
The most common hourly rates reported were: $40 (22%).
Benefits available through employer
- Health insurance, 36%
- Employer contribution towards retirement, 36%
- Paid vacation and holidays, 100%
- Paid sick leave, 73%
- Life insurance, 18%
- Dental insurance, 9%
- Disability insurance, 18%
- CE tuition reimbursement, 36%
Comments about the Boston area
- My last raise was for $.75 an hour (after 3 years without one) which is equal to under 2%! The doctor then increased prophylaxis fees by $5! The assistant and office manager asked for raises many months after I received mine and got more per hour than I did! There is no office policy regarding reviews, raises, or benefits which results in a very unfair method of recognizing employees' worth and contributions to the practice. Because of the economy, there are no other jobs available to apply for in order to change this situation.
- Less pay because of over flooded dental hygiene market..
- My area is being saturated with dental hygienist looking for work. I feel bad for the young people staring out. It is a wonderful profession and I just hope the economy improves.