Here are some product announcements from dental manufacturers that have been shared with RDH eVillage editors since February 22, 2018.
Amabrush: A hands-free toothbrush
Multiple rows of antibacterial Amabrush bristles are directed in a 45-degree angle against the
gumline, simulating the widely recommended Bass method of brushing. With an amplitude of 9.5G, Amabrush creates a variety of vibrations that oscillate with different resonant frequencies to clean each quadrant of the mouth. Soft Amabrush bristles gently rub as opposed to scratch tooth surfaces, eliminating any risk of damage to the teeth and gums.
Amabrush is comprised of three components:
- Anti-bacterial mouthpiece—The one-size-fits-all mouthpiece is made of a flexible antibacterial silicone material that wards off 99% of bacterial agents found in between bristles. Built-in micro-channels are made to transport an ideal amount of specially formulated Amabrush toothpaste. The Amabrush mouthpiece is cleaned using traditional rinsing methods as you would with regular toothbrushes.
- Handpiece—The Amabrush handpiece magnetically connects to the mouthpiece. The handpiece acts as the dispenser for Amabrush toothpaste capsules. The handpiece comes with a built-in, low-energy wireless charging module (Qi standard), and is equipped with Bluetooth as well as an Amabrush App. A fully charged battery lasts for approximately one month.
- Toothpaste capsules—Amabrush toothpaste capsules are simply placed into the handpiece and a built-in mechanism foams and automatically delivers the ideal amount of toothpaste to the mouthpiece. The FDA-approved toothpaste is specially formulated for the system. Amabrush toothpaste is available in whitening, sensitive, and extra fresh. A single toothpaste capsule lasts for up to a month.
The steps to using Amabrush are:
- Attach the handpiece to the mouthpiece
- Insert the mouthpiece into the mouth and bite down
- Push the button on the handpiece to dispense the toothpaste foam
- Step 4 – Wait ten seconds
- Spit and rinse
All Amabrush units come equipped with a sound and light indicator to provide various alerts and information including current battery status, finished tooth brushing sessions, and operational errors. Users can personalize Amabrush by setting various vibration modes (such as gum massage and burst mode), configure cleaning time, and much more!
All Amabrush units can be equipped with a carry case for on-the-go use. What's more, an Amabrush tongue cleaner is also available to keep the tongue smooth and clean, as well as a UV sanitation station that sterilizes up to two mouthpieces with ultraviolet light (185nm).
For more information, visit https://www.amabrush.com.
Dexis FS Ergo by KaVo: A new class of digital sensors
KaVo Kerr unveiled the DEXIS FS Ergo by KaVo during this year’s Chicago Midwinter dental meeting. Based on the Dexis PerfectSize sensor and TrueComfort design, the FS Ergo sensor provides significant improvements in comfort for patients with low tolerance for standard intraoral modalities.
- • Sensor housing—Resistant to bite marks, the submersible sensor housing can also withstand a wide variety of disinfection chemicals.
- • Cable-To-sensor connection—Equipped with connectivity proven successful under rigorous testing to such forces as pulling, twisting, straining, and bending.
- • USB connector—Built to withstand high frequency insertion and pulling cycles, the USB connection adds to the overall durability of the sensor.
- • Contoured positioning system—The positioning system allows the sensor to easily exit and protects the longevity of the cable from wear and tear.
Dexis FS Ergo by KaVo helps to reduce retakes due to patient movement caused by discomfort. By pairing the newly developed flexible sensor technology with a soft housing, FS Ergo can “give” as X-rays are being captured. The proprietary holder system is designed to accommodate the flex of the sensor so that it can adapt to the patient.
To learn more, visit http://www.dexis.com/fs-ergo
Brewer introduces two new saddle stools
The Brewer Company, a Wisconsin-based dental operatory seating provider, recently announced the addition of the Jumper and Amazone designs to its 135 Series line of saddle seating solutions.
A choice of sizes and styles helps ensure an ideal personalized fit. The 135 Amazone Series features a narrower seat and low or standard cylinder heights, while the 135 Jumper Series features a standard-sized seat and standard to high cylinder heights. Both include a convenient control ring just below the seat for adjusting seat height and the level of dynamic motion.
For more information, visit http://www.brewercompany.com/.
Daily Dental Care lozenges
For more information, visit http://dailydentalcares.com/site/.
Philips Sonicare brush awarded ADA Seal of Acceptance
The American Dental Association (ADA) has awarded its ADA Seal of Acceptance to Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 Plaque Control. The ADA Council on Scientific Affairs’ acceptance of Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 Plaque Control is based on its finding that the power toothbrush is safe and has shown efficacy in removing plaque and helping to prevent and reduce gingivitis, when used as directed.
To earn the Seal of Acceptance, the manufacturer, Philips Personal Health, was subjected to ADA laboratory tests and had to meet ADA and American National Standards Institute- approved dental standards. The company also submitted studies proving clinical safety and efficacy.
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 power toothbrush is designed to address consumer concerns that they are brushing too hard with their existing toothbrush and could be damaging their teeth and gums in the process. Featuring unique pressure sensor technology, Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean alerts users when they are applying too much pressure.
For more information, visit philips.com/sonicare.