The ADA Foundation has issued a request for proposals, awarding up to $50,000 for those selected in support of evidenced-based dental research.
Available grant funds for the program, offered in conjunction with the
American Dental Association (ADA) Council on Scientific Affairs, total
Evidenced-based dentistry, according to the ADA, is an approach to oral
health care that requires the systematic integration of relevant scientific
evidence of a patient's oral and medical condition, history and treatment
needs, with the dentist's clinical expertise for the best possible outcome.
PROPOSALS MUST BE RECEIVED BY JAN. 30, 2006
Individuals, affiliated with a qualified organization, that are knowledgeable and experienced in the method of systematic review, who have a
demonstrated track record in research, and who have published studies in
clinical dental research are encouraged to apply.
Proposals must be received by January 30, 2006. The earliest award date will be March 31, 2006.
Examples of qualified organizations include the following:
* Dental schools and advanced education programs accredited by the
Commission on Dental Accreditation;
* Dental Specialty organizations; and
* National dental related organizations.
EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS
An ADA Foundation Proposal Review Committee comprised of dental researchers and industry professionals will evaluate all applications, with additional review by the ADA Foundation Board of Directors. Grants will be awarded based on the following:
* potential to produce conclusions on selected topic area;
* potential to increase dialogue and future investigation of selected topic
* potential impact on the dental industry and research community;
* potential impact on the future of dentistry;
* demonstrated commitment to the project by the sponsoring organization; and
* collaboration among individuals and organizations to complete project.
For additional information, please contact Lisa Barron, director of
programs, ADA Foundation, at (312) 440-4639 or [email protected]. More
information also can be found at www.adafoundation.org.