Dear Potential Study Participant,
I am a graduate student in the master’s of science in executive coaching at Queens University of Charlotte. I am near completion of the requirements for graduation, yet I must complete a Capstone research project. My research is focused on purpose in life as an influence to a dental hygienist’s career.
Dental hygiene literature explores career development and career transitions, yet has not looked at our purpose in life as an influence our careers. We have much to learn from each other. For this study, I have developed an online self-paced coaching program that is a unique and easy development tool.
What’s in it for you if you participate? The coaching program is designed to give you a blueprint that will help with your clarification of purpose and align it with the direction of your career.
Specifically, the online coaching program can be completed in the privacy of your home or office. It includes pre-recorded audio guides and follow-up action steps and exercises. The coaching program comes with a coaching workbook that you are free to keep upon completion of the study.
Participation is confidential. If you decide to participate, you will be asked to complete a consent form, five online coaching sessions and pre-and post-coaching on-line surveys (10 minutes). In order to complete the requirements of this project, ALL coaching sessions and surveys will need to be finished by March 31, 2013.
The criteria for inclusion in this study are:
- Access to the internet,
- Minimum 24 hours per week working clinically, and
- U.S. licensed or certified dental hygienist.
Upon your written (email) consent to participate or interest to participate, I will send you more information and instructions to gain access to the online coaching program.
I hope you will consider joining me and know that all participants’ responses and identities will remain anonymous.
Your participation will include:
- Completion of a consent form, three brief online questionnaires (10 minutes pre-and post-coaching program)
- Completion of the five coaching modules/coaching sessions. The online program coaching modules have three main parts: the introduction audio for the module, the visualization, and then the coaching module(s). It is structured as to listen to the audio recordings and then complete the corresponding coaching questions in the module.
- Participants can complete the sessions/modules based on their schedule.
- I recommend scheduling one hour per coaching module.
- Completion of the consent form, online surveys and coaching questions MUST be finished by March 31, 2013, in order for me to meet my deadline for my Capstone project and graduation.
I am happy to answer any questions you have about the study. You may contact me at (603) 765-6633 or [email protected].
If you would like to participate, please email me or call me by February 22nd and I will call/email you back to determine whether this research project is a fit and if you are ready to participate.
With kind regards,
Kristine Hodsdon RDH, BS
Student, MS in Executive Coaching
McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte