April 16, 2013
The CDA report supports the analysis outlined in the March report: domestic dental trends are stable. Highlights of this point include:
- Stable dental consumables demand in 1Q vs. 4Q 2012
- CDA feedback for dental equipment was slightly more positive
- The tax-incentive pull-forward for Henry Schein Dental “sounds slightly bigger than we realized,” so growth projection for 1Q is being trimmed from +7.5% to +4%
- Omnicam feedback remained strong at CDA
- Competitive noise on the CAD/CAM front continued to grow at CDA
For a more comprehensive report and explanations of what analysts saw at CDA, see the PDF of Medical Technology: CDA Highlights Stable Domestic Dental Trends.