NEW CODE ALERT:
- Submitting a claim with x-rays is not enough to facilitate coverage and payment.
- This code should be applied only when the procedure involves removing a patient’s frenum.
- Dental insurance companies will refer to the patient’s plan limitations and exclusions when considering the dental claim.
- This procedure is limited to once per lifetime, per tooth.
- If reporting a connective tissue graft or pedicle graft on the same visit as the frenectomy, the frenectomy will be considered inclusive and no additional payment will be made.
- A narrative should be included indicating the following:
- Amount of gingival recession in millimeters
- The severity of gingival inflammation
- The level of sensitivity
- Bleeding on probing
- Pre-op and Post-op x-rays must always accompany the claim form; in addition, periodontal charting should be included.