CHARLOTTE, North Carolina--Sirona Dental Systems, a company that helped pioneer digital dentistry 25 years ago and a producer of dental CAD/CAM systems, has introduced the latest inLab 3D software upgrade: V3.80.
inLab V3.80 has been enhanced with powerful, straightforward tools and a simple, predictable workflow. Developed specifically for the inLab system, the new V3.80 incorporates the advanced features and benefits of Sirona’s Biogeneric software technology, a dental CAD/CAM software that automatically designs a custom, “true-to-life” restoration based on individual patient morphology rather than a pre-existing tooth model in a dental database.
In effect, Biogeneric software takes the patient’s intact tooth structure into account and identifies the exact morphology of the missing structure necessary to bring the tooth back to its normal, uncompromised state. It enables inLab users to produce esthetically pleasing crowns, veneers, inlays, onlays, and anatomically sized bridges.
For the first time, dental technicians can produce anatomically sized permanent bridges relying solely on CAD/CAM technology.
For example, in the new multilayer design mode, the user begins by designing an anatomically sized bridge. This design is then automatically separated into two components: Tthe framework core and the facing.
Allowance is automatically configured for the minimum wall thicknesses of the materials. In addition, the software ensures that the two components fit together perfectly (i.e., without undercuts) after milling and sintering have been conducted.
Some of the other standout features of the new software V3.80 include, but are not limited to:
• Biogeneric crowns: All occlusions (inlays, onlays, crowns, bridges, and veneers) are generated with Sirona’s patented Biogeneric software. This means less design time.
• Buccal bite registration: The software can now register preparation and antagonist models together with the aid of just a few images from the Buccal aspect. Simply hold the two models in centric and acquire a few images to register the models together, helping eliminate the need for bite registration material.
• Thin veneers: The minimum thickness for veneers is now reduced to 300 μm (restorations required to be machined on inLab MC XL milling unit only).
• Optimized correlation design mode: Software generates morphologically plausible reconstructions of intricate areas that cannot be copied by digital scans.
• New materials support: VITA RealLife Blocks (MC XL only) for esthetic anterior restorations and Ivoclar Vivadent’s Telio-CAD temporary bridge material.
• inEos blue integration: All inEos blue V3.70 software functions are fully integrated into V3.80, enabling inLab users to conveniently and efficiently control the scanner directly via the upgraded software.
“V3.80 is a major software upgrade, not an update,” explained Jonathan Hill, marketing manager, CAD/CAM Lab Applications. “Now more than ever, inLab’s made-to-measure Biogeneric restorations are simpler, quicker, and far more precise than the ‘off-the-rack’ equivalents of other CAD/CAM technologies.”
For more information, call a local Patterson branch, (800) 873-7683, or visit www.inLab.com.
To read more about Sirona Dental, go to Sirona Dental.
To comment on this product, go to community.pennwelldentalgroup.com/.