CHICAGO, Illinois--The American Dental Association’s exclusive Education in the Round, a live-patient learning environment that takes one step-by-step from diagnosis to treatment, is available as free simulcasts to ADA members and dental students.
Developed jointly by the ADA and American Dental Education Association and sponsored by Philips Sonicare, six EIR demonstrations of clinical procedures will be available online at no cost--either live during the ADA Annual Session or as a webinar until Nov. 8, 2010.
Viewers can log on to www.ADA365.org for information about how to access the live webcasts or the postannual session webinars.
In a pilot program last year, EIR webcasts were available to students and faculty at 43 North American dental schools. In 2010, the ADA not only expands the program to all member dentists, it also offers viewers a chance to earn continuing education credit by taking a test on ADA CE Online at www.adaceonline.org. There is a nominal fee for taking the test.
“We are excited about taking this initiative to the next level and offering live webcasts to every ADA member who is unable to attend the meeting,” said Dr. Stephen W. Carstensen, Council on ADA Sessions chair.
Now in its third year at the ADA annual session, EIR participants view live-patient procedures in a fully functional dental operatory through live, high-definition video images and interact with speakers during the courses. In 2009, more than 800 participants attended six different courses.
2010 EIR presentations
* Managing the Periodontal Patient with Advanced Ultrasonic and Laser Therapy by Dr. Samuel Low, Oct. 9, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. (course 5401);
* Digital Impressioning: A Clinical Demonstration of a Single Crown Preparation and Digital Scan by Dr. Brian Schroder, Oct. 9, 3-6 p.m. (course 5402);
* A Team Approach to Implant Rehabilitation: How Digital Modeling Changes Everything by Drs. Stephen Schmitt and Benjamin Young, Oct. 10, 8:30-11:30 a.m. (course 6401);
* Implant-Retained, Implant-Supported Overdentures by Dr. David Little, Oct. 10, 2-5 p.m. (course 6402);
* Implementing Laser Fundamentals in Your Dental Practice: A Live-Patient Demonstration by Drs. Donald Coluzzi and Charles Hoopingarner, Oct. 11, 8:30-11:30 a.m. (course 7401);
* Oral Appliance Delivery, Adjustment and Management of Side Effects by Dr. Richard Drake, Oct. 10, 2-5 p.m. (course 7402).
The live courses offered in the EIR learning format are ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program-approved opportunities for dental professionals.
For more information about the ADA, visit the association's Web site at www.ada.org.
To read more about the ADA, go to ADA.
To comment on this topic, go to community.pennwelldentalgroup.com/.