10 Election Day social media ideas for dental practices
Voting is power! Rachel Mele offers social media tips for dental practices as we approach election day.
Typically, a dental practice does not want to get involved in election-related social media posts on practice pages (for obvious reasons!). With that said, there are opportunities to have a little fun and find excuses to engage with your patients on social media around election time. Here are 10 social media dental post ideas for Election Day.
1.Check out this video of Trump and Hillary sitting in this practice’s waiting room awaiting their appointment. Bet you haven’t seen the candidates dance like this before: https://goo.gl/3yj8UD.
2. Take a video of your young patients asking them to explain what Election Day is all about. Here’s an example: https://goo.gl/u6j1TC. So cute.
3. Post this: “Let’s take a break from the actual election and instead vote for your favorite dental hygienist at our office. Cast your ballots now. Who’s your favorite dental hygienist?”
4. Check out this video of SoulPancake’s asking dentists to vote and dentists’ doctors to vote: https://goo.gl/m0Xecl. It’s super cute. Forward to the 1:24 mark. #DentistsVoteToo
5. Post this: “This dentist had some free time on his hands and analyzed the teeth of presidential candidates. Who do you think has the best smile? https://goo.gl/5cgOc5”
6. Post this: “Anyone else voting for Papa Bear Berenstein (as in the Berenstein Bears)? He’ll be the best mayor in Bear Country. Watch the video here: https://goo.gl/avP6fR. #VotePapaBear”
7. A dentist had signs made up and placed around town saying Vote Doc Kurtsch for Tooth Fairy (read the press release here: https://goo.gl/9OvR0n). Check out www.fiverr.com to get your own sign designed for $5 and then purchase 100 quality political signs at www.signsonthecheap.com for $100. Great marketing if you ask me.
8. Post this: “If we were voting in this election for which US president had the best smile, who would get your vote?” Include a link to the 44 US Presidents here: https://goo.gl/PCaSYA.
9. Post this: “If you wear your ‘I Voted’ sticker to your dental appointment today we’ll be giving you an ‘I Flossed Today’ sticker to put right below it. #WeVoteFloss”
10. Remind followers of the importance of voting with a list of reasons why you should vote from every team member in your office.
Author's note: Get featured in the definitive book on social media for dentistry! Drive exposure and traffic to your online presence by participating in this 2-minute survey. Featured practices will receive a comlimentary copy of the book.
<< Click on the book to participate!
Rachel Mele is a dental executive, author, and international speaker. She runs the dental division at Vennli, a cloud platform for gathering real-time insights about what's most important to dentists and why they choose you versus your competition. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also by Rachel Mele: