Get Involved — Join an AAWD Committee Today!
Involvement in a committee is the best way to get the most out of your membership.
Involvement in a committee is the best way to get the most out of your membership. It is on a committee where you will make your best networking contacts ... and friendships. The experience of working on a committee may lead you to further involvement in leadership. Seeking a committee affiliation is a critical step in making the most of your membership investment.
Not sure if a committee is right for you? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you want to connect with other AAWD members, not only in your home city or town, but across the United States?
- Are you committed to AAWD's mission of "enriching and nurturing the diverse lives of women dentists"?
If you've answered yes to either question, you're ready. Now ask yourself which committee you would be best suited for ...
- Do you like to plan events/ meetings? Then maybe the Learning Opportunities Committee is right for you.
- Do you like to work with charitable organizations such as Mouthpower, Awesome Smiles, and our own 501c3 organization, Smiles for Success? Then join the Community Service Committee.
- Have you ever wanted to be on the selection committee for awards or have a say in selecting the Colgate-Palmolive Scholarship winners? You'd be perfect for the Member Value and Benefits Committee.
- Do you want to help promote AAWD to potential corporate partner members? We have a Corporate Relations Committee just waiting for you.
These are just some of the opportunities that exist in AAWD. For help in selecting the committee that's right for you, call the AAWD Headquarters at (800) 920-2293 or log on to www.aawd.org today!