New digital radiography intraoral sensor unveiled
LED IS100 is the first intraoral sensor in LED Imaging's product portfolio.
ATLANTA, Georgia--LED Imaging, a new division of LED Dental, has introduced a new digital radiography intraoral sensor, the LED IS100.
The sensor will be available for demo and sale at the California Dental Association – South (CDA – South) Meeting May 15-17 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, Calif. The LED IS100 intraoral sensor is the third product to be added to LED Imaging’s portfolio since the launch of the division April 2, 2014.
Designed with simplicity and versatility in mind, the LED IS100 intraoral sensor is a replacement for traditional dental film since it captures intraoral images of the teeth and supporting bone structures. The sensor boasts a number of product features that support practice needs, including:
High-definition image resolution: With greater than 20 line pairs per millimeter spatial resolution, the LED IS100 provides practitioners with the high-quality images they need to make accurate diagnoses. With 16,384 shades of gray (14 bits), the images are crisp, clear, bright and contrasted.
* Direct USB plug-in: The LED IS100 plugs directly into any computer via a direct USB connection, helping eliminate the need for an inline controller, dock or hub. The sensor can easily be moved from one operatory to the next, which would appeal to multi-chair practices.
* Durable construction: Hermetically sealed casing helps ensure the intraoral sensor is waterproof and can easily withstand the process of disinfecting by submersion. Additionally, the LED IS100includes a CMOS chip, fiber optics, scintillator, and a shock absorption system.
* Ergonomic design: LED Imaging’s intraoral sensor is designed with practitioners and patients in mind; the slim casing and rounded edges allow for faster, easier and more comfortable patient positioning.
* Diagnostic flexibility: The LED IS100 is available in two sizes to suit diagnostic needs, such as retroalveolar, posterior, bitewing, and other necessary images. It can be used in endodontics, periodontics, prosthetic surgery and implants, as well as for cavity diagnosis. Plus, the sensor features an automatic wake-up system, so there are fewer steps required for the sensor to capture an image.
* Open-architecture workflow: The LED IS100 features an open-architecture design for streamlined integration with third-party software and imaging solutions. The intraoral sensor can be implemented into a practice seamlessly, further streamlining workflow.
“We’re really excited about the newest addition to the LED Imaging family, the LED IS100 intraoral sensor,” said Dr. Jeffrey Brooks, vice president of imaging for LED Imaging.
“Digital radiography has been a game changer in dental practices because of the time and cost savings for all involved, so we wanted to give dental practitioners a product that would provide excellent quality day in and day out.”
For more information, call 844.952.7327 or visit www.leddental.com.
To comment on this product, go to http://community.pennwelldentalgroup.com.