Sunstar Americas, Inc. and RDH magazine announced the eight recipients of the 2012 Sunstar/RDH Award of Distinction on May 8.
The recipients are:
- Terri Chandler, RDH, of Las Vegas, Nev.
- Patricia Doyle, RDH, of Seattle, Wash.
- Carla Gantz, RDH, of Glasgow, Ky.
- Jessica Huffman, RDH, of Charlotte, N.C.
- Sandra Maurizio, RDH, of Carterville, Ill.
- Linda Meeuwenberg, RDH, of Cape Canaveral, Fla.
- Leticia Reyes, RDH, of Los Angeles, Calif.
- Angie Stone, RDH, of Edgerton, Wis.
"We are very proud of our relationship with Sunstar Americas in recognizing each year the achievements of the Award of Distinction recipients," said Craig Dickson, publisher of RDH magazine. "It is always exciting to meet the award recipients at the RDH Under One Roof conference each year, and this upcoming conference is no exception. My colleagues and I at RDH magazine extend our congratulations to all eight."
The 2012 recipients will receive their awards in a ceremony at the RDH Under One Roof conference on Thursday, Aug. 2 in Las Vegas.
The 2012 ceremony will mark the 11th year that Sunstar Americas and RDH magazine have collaborated on the dental hygiene award.
The dental hygienists selected for the award will also appear on the September 2012 cover of RDH magazine, and detailed descriptions of the recipients will be provided in a related article.
The nomination process for the Sunstar/RDH Award of Distinction occurs each year from October through March. Dental professionals can nominate a dental hygiene colleague through a nomination form available at www.rdhmag.com.