Beyes Dental Canada, a Canadian dental handpiece manufacturer, launched its new AirLight M800X air-driven handpiece during the 2018 Chicago Midwinter Meeting.
“The M800X is the latest addition to the revolutionary AirLight handpiece line, which is known for its high-efficiency built-in microgenerator that powers the LED without requiring a connection to a fiber-optic system in the dental delivery unit,” said company spokesperson Martins Ozolins, DDS.
Like all Beyes AirLight handpieces, the M800X enables clinicians to have a clearer illuminated operative field. The Direct-LED is also brighter and has a larger light pattern than traditional power-optic systems. The AirLight M800X also provides torque to ensure accurate and powerful cutting.
New features specific to the AirLight M800X include the following:
- IS technology—Provides instant-stop capability, which eliminates backflow and noise when ceasing operation
- X ball bearings—Lasts up to four times longer than traditional ball bearings, due to new engineering with special caging material
- Quatro spray—Ensures superior visibility and cooling with four specially positioned ports
- Direct-LED+—Delivers direct illumination, powered by Beyes’s signature built-in generator
- Built-in generator—Eliminates the need for being tethered to a delivery unit’s fiber-optic system
- Micro-Tex—Improves gripand reduces slipping during operation, which increases patient safety
- 25W torque—Provides cutting power to minimize stalling and increase efficiency
- Warranty for 25 months—Expands coverage to more than double the standard 12-month warranty