The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry continues to offer free webinars focusing on Accreditation through the AACD Webinar Series.
The series, sponsored by Ivoclar Vivadent, features many speakers scheduled to appear at the AACD’s 27th Annual Scientific Session in Boston later this spring. The session will take place May 18-21 at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston.
Participants can register for individual webinars in the series by clicking here.
No special equipment or programming is needed. Past webinars have been archived on the AACD Web site.
Upcoming webinars include:
- “Anterior Composite Dentistry: Conservative, Versatile, Underused,” by Ronald Jackson, DDS, on Feb. 16 from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. CT. Attendees will appreciate the rational of additive dentistry versus subtractive, review of materials and systems — featuring Empress Direct, understand the Fundamental Concepts: Opacity/Translucency, Form, Color, Characterizations, and illustrate esthetic potential of composite in Class III, IV, diastema closure, veneers, etc.
- “Composite Mirroring — Aiding with Accreditation and Beyond,” by Brian LeSage, DDS, on March 7 from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT. Participants will review multiple smile design principles and tie them into the Accreditation Examination criteria, evaluate fault which compromise reviewed cases and learn to correct and manage many of the AACD Accreditation criteria parameters, and discuss contour, finishing, and polishing to create a seamless, undetectable, and appropriate luster to direct composite restorations.
- “Advanced Accreditation Webinar — Case Type IV and V,” by Brian LeSage, DDS, on April 11, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. CT. Attendees will understand how cases for Accreditation are judged based on specific criteria, learn to discern fine details in judging cosmetic dentistry and present cosmetic dentistry cases for feedback.
- “Cosmetic Pearls for the General Practitioner,” by Marty Zase, DMD, on April 11, from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. CT. Participants will learn to eliminate sensitivity with bleaching and bonding procedures, learn to utilize ovate pontics to make natural looking bridges and build confidence in cosmetic restorations.
Archived Webinars include:
- “Indirect Porcelain Veneers — Cutting-Edge Concepts, Techniques and Materials,” by Dennis Wells, DDS. Attendees will understand what constitutes an idea case for Accreditation, how to accurately determine the degree of preparation needed to optimize the final result and maximize the amount of enamel remaining and various successful Accreditation case components and how to achieve them clinically.
- “Advanced Accreditation Webinar — Case Type III,” by Betsy Bakeman, DDS. Participants will understand how cases for Accreditation are judged based on specific criteria, how to discern fine details in judging cosmetic dentistry, and they will have the opportunity to present cosmetic dentistry cases for feedback.
- “Advanced Accreditation Webinar — Case Types I & II” by Nils Olson, DDS. Olson provides an in-depth analysis of how Accreditation cases are judged. This webinar is especially helpful for members working toward Accreditation.
About the AACD — The AACD is the world’s largest nonprofit member organization dedicated to advancing excellence in comprehensive oral care that combines art and science to optimally improve dental health, esthetics, and function. Comprised of more than 6,300 cosmetic dental professionals in 70 countries worldwide, the AACD fulfills its mission by offering superior educational opportunities, promoting and supporting a respected Accreditation credential, serving as a user-friendly and inviting forum for the creative exchange of knowledge and ideas, and providing accurate and useful information to the public and the profession.
About Ivoclar Vivadent — At Ivoclar Vivadent, passion, vision and innovation are the driving forces behind the company’s customer-centered products — such as IPS e.max®, Multilink® Automix resin cement, Phonares® Esthetic Implant Denture Teeth, and the Odyssey® Navigator diode laser. For nearly 100 years, Ivoclar Vivadent has been uniquely positioned to respond to the needs of both clinicians and laboratory professionals by providing beautiful and functional prosthetics, preventive materials, and direct restoratives, among other innovative technologies. The company develops, manufactures, delivers, and supports the quality products that dental professionals worldwide have come to know and trust, remaining steadfast in its commitment to offer only sensible and clinically proven options to meet today’s esthetic restorative demands. The company’s most noteworthy products includes IPS Empress®, the world’s leading all-ceramic brand that ushered in the Esthetic Revolution™ in the 1990s, and IPS e.max®, a singular restorative system that harnesses the opportunities available to dental professionals today through Esthetic Digital Dentistrysm.