MADISON, Wisconsin--The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry has reached an unprecedented record membership level of 8,045 members in 70 countries worldwide.
The 2007 year marked the fifth consecutive one of record membership growth in the Academy, underscoring the organization's role as the world's leading cosmetic dental organization.
"The incredible growth of AACD mirrors the overall boom in cosmetic dentistry during the last several years," said AACD President Laura Kelly. "Being able to lead the profession in the art and science of dental education, and effectively communicate these benefits to the public is important. The fact that the Academy now represents members in 70 countries around the world illustrates that cosmetic dentistry is truly global, and the AACD is proud to be the world leader in information and education."
AACD programs include:
* Accreditation: Cosmetic dentistry's leading advanced credentialing program for dentists and laboratory technicians
* AACD Scientific Session: Cosmetic dentistry's most comprehensive CE event, Excellence in Cosmetic Dentistry 2008, takes place May 6-10, 2008, in New Orleans, La.
* The Journal of Cosmetic Dentistry: AACD's insightful, peer-reviewed clinical publication
* Give Back A Smile: Restoring the smiles--and the lives--of more than 500 survivors of domestic violence
* ACD.com: The internet's leading resource for cosmetic dentistry, featuring a worldwide search directory of all 8,000-plus AACD members.
AACD's impact on cosmetic dentistry in 2007 also included:
* Expansion of its University Advisory Council to 44 academic institutions worldwide in order to integrate cosmetic education into dental degree curriculums.
* Media placements in major consumer media outlets, including: CNN, Fox News, Better Homes and Gardens, More, O!, Self, and USA Today which continue to drive the boom.
* AACD's Charitable Foundation has donated more than $5 million in services to survivors of domestic violence through the Give Back A Smile program.
For complete details about AACD, visit American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.