LIVINGSTON, New Jersey--Milestone Scientific, a leader in advanced injection technologies, has announced the company will be host for the Second Annual Symposium on Computer-Controlled Local Anesthetic Delivery.
The symposium will be held May 1-3, 2009, at the Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island in Fernandina Beach, Fla.
This year's invitational event will welcome many of the world's leading dental practitioners, key opinion leaders and industry academics who will be reviewing and discussing the application of C-CLAD technologies in the field of Dentistry, with particular concentration on Milestone's award-winning, patented STA Single Tooth Anesthesia System™ (STA System).
Stanley Malamed, DDS, professor of anesthesia and medicine school of dentistry at the University of Southern California, will again serve as chairman of the symposium.
Formal presentations and panel discussions will cover a broad range of C-CLAD-related topics and will include:
* The History of C-CLAD
* Treating with Connection
* Heart Rate Study
* STA Compassionate Care in the 21st Century
* Injection Advances and Challenges
* Physiologic and Clinical Characteristics of PDL Anesthesia Delivered by a High Pressure Syringe and a Computerized Device
* The STA for Tots and Teens
* Computerized Local Anesthesia in Dentistry: A Review
* Today's Technology
* Managing a Successful Dental Practice: Why People Keep Coming Back
* STA--The Dental School's Perspective
* Futuristic Vistas: The Dentist/Hygienist Partnership
The STA System is a computer-controlled, pressure-sensitive injection system that provides dentists with audible and visual signals as to in-tissue pressure and needle location.
The STA System is capable of predictably and comfortably administering "Single Tooth Anesthesia" into the Periodontal Intraligamentary space.
To read more about Milestone Scientific, go to Milestone Scientific.
To comment on this topic, go to PennWell Dental Community site.