French Group Satelec-Pierre Rolland from Bordeaux, world-wide specialists in high-tech equipment and pharmaceutical products for dental surgeons, made the acquisition on Nov. 8 of Marseilles-based dental and medical intra-oral video and video-endoscopy systems manufacturer SOPRO S.A.
For the Satelec-Pierre Rolland Group, this acquisition strengthens its dental diagnosis activity which is already in pole position in Europe with the "X-Mind" intraoral X-ray radiography unit, and means:
- reinforcement of its already world-leading dental OEM range of products (technological units for units and chairs manufacturers), by far the most technological on the market including ultrasound scalers, electro-surges, polishers, micro-motors, etc.
- substantial growth potential;
- increased penetration of the important American market (27% of world market) which already accounts for 12% of the Group�s turnover;
- the addition of another competent and extremely productive production site;
- introduction of new technologies to the R&D capacity that are in total synergy with those of the Group;
- working with a solid and motivated management team.
This association will allow SOPRO S.A. to benefit from Satelec-Pierre Rolland Group�s entire administrative structure, its industrial and financial management know-how, as well as its widespread commercial network both in France and abroad (more than 170 staff working in nine subsidiaries and representative offices outside France, and over 250 distributors). In return, it will have the possibility to concentrate on developing future technology in medical and dental imaging and diagnosis, whilst enriching the Group�s R&D know-how invaluably.