Darby Dental Supply, LLC, the largest all-telesales national distributor of dental merchandise, is celebrating its 65th year in business. The company is marking this important milestone with immediate plans for expansion at its Long Island operation and offering even more Darby-branded products in the near future with a number of private label launches expected to take place in early 2014.
The company contributes much of its long-running success to a winning mixture of a unique all-telesales model while providing dental professionals with the best product brands available on the market. Moreover, honoring a “one customer at a time” philosophy for more than six decades has established Darby Dental Supply as one of the largest, most trusted dental distributors in the nation.
“We are as committed today as we were 65 years ago to establishing new industry standards for providing unsurpassed customer service and quality products to the dental industry and profession,” remarked Liz Meyers, Vice President Marketing & Purchasing for Darby Dental Supply. “We are extremely proud of Darby’s rich and growing history that has served dental professionals for so many years. Darby was founded on the principles of exceeding customer expectations of quality and delivery, and our customers can expect us to adhere to these principles during the next 65 years.”
Due to the company’s on-going success and the related plans for further expansion, Darby will be adding 55 new internal positions over the next six months at its Long Island headquarters. In addition to its development on the East Coast, the company has also expanded its West Coast operation, recently creating additional employment opportunities in the immediate area by hiring over 30 new employees and expanding its hours of operation.
Moreover, while its history stretches back more than half a century, Darby is looking towards further building the company name with a continuous launch of Darby-branded products in the upcoming year.
Over the last 65 years, Darby’s product offerings have grown immensely and the company is continuously refining its standards of both customer and community service:
- 1947 – Brooklyn, New York – Darby opens its doors for business with one mail-order catalogue and a total of nine employees.
- 1962 – A 2nd generation of the founding family enters the business and broadens Darby’s offerings to include medical, dental and pharmaceutical items.
- 1974 – Customer-demand generates a call for high-quality, low cost alternative products. The Darby team answers by introducing the first Darby-branded line of products.
- 1975 – Darby hires the industries’ first telesales representatives.
- 1983 – A 3rd generation of family enters the business and diversifies the company to include vitamin, health and beauty products.
- 1994 – Darby opens its Reno, Nevada office distribution center for greater national reach.
- 1999 – Darby opens its Memphis, Tennessee distribution center and introduces FREE 1-2 day shipping nationwide.
- 2005 – Darby moves to its current headquarters in Jericho, New York.
- 2011 – Darby goes green as a 4th generation of family enters the business and introduces environment-friendly solutions.
- 2012 – Darby’s “think globally, act locally” philosophy is tested during Superstorm Sandy. The company donates truckloads of supplies and hundreds of employee hours to help neighbors rebuild.
- 2013 – Darby celebrates its 65th year in business and looks forward to future success.
Family-owned and operated for over three generations, Darby has been a staple among the dental industry as well as the Long Island community and they plan to continue that tradition for future generations to come. Year after year, Darby Dental Supply is listed among Newsday’s Top 100 Private Companies on Long Island, and the company has received numerous accolades throughout the years for providing superior service to the dental industry.
For more information about all Darby services and products, please visit www.darby.com.